Big news everyone! We’re planning the next CityWrite and we need your help. CityWrite will take place in Indianapolis from October 14-20 in conjunction with The National Day on Writing. The first CityWrite was a tremendous success and hundreds of people joined together at a CityWrite site to write down their stories and memories. We invite everyone to participate in the upcoming CityWrite and read through the Call for Participants below. However, here are a few key highlights:
- While most CityWrite sites will operate simultaneously during the weekend of the National Day on Writing, we’re also opening up participation throughout the week leading up to the National Day on Writing. This will allow more flexibility for organizations and groups to host a writing site and encourage greater participation from schools and community groups.
- Our goal for 2013 is to host 50 CityWrite sites and reach 500 participants.
- Of course, the biggest writing project in Indianapolis is going to need a lot of people to help make it happen. We’ll need 100 volunteers. That’s a big number! Interested in volunteering for CityWrite?
- We’ll be hosting an organizational meeting on Tuesday, July 16th from 6-8pm at Marian University in Marian Hall 206. Anyone interested in assisting in the organization and planning of CityWrite is invited to attend. RSVP by sending your name to Mark Latta (mlatta AT marian.edu).
- In early 2014, we’ll be publishing a CityWrite anthology featuring writing from the 2012 and 2013 CityWrite.
Stay tuned for more information!